YOUR STORY ISN’T STUPID
YOUR STORY IS GOOD
YOUR STORY MIGHT NEED REVISIONS
BUT NOT RIGHT NOW
YOUR STORY ISN’T STUPID
YOUR STORY IS GOOD
YOUR STORY MIGHT NEED REVISIONS
BUT NOT RIGHT NOW
who wants to hear the story about how a girl in my spanish 2 class fought back against the horrible spanish teacher and won
if this gets 2 notes i will tell it
one note is good enough for me.
so there’s this girl in my spanish 2 class. we’ll call her kayla.
kayla is a sophomore. she is funny and outspoken and a little crazy. the main thing to remember about kayla is that she will stand up for herself when needed. and that’s why something happened with her and my spanish teacher.
we’ll call my teacher miss irving. miss irving has been teaching spanish for 30 years. she’s a little forceful, hates technology, and hates when people don’t just listen to her without questioning it.
it began when kayla entered class late near the beginning of the school year. “sorry, ma’am,” she said to miss irving. “i was at the counselor’s.”
miss irving looked up at kayla and asked for a pass. kayla didn’t have one, but she said that miss irving would be able to call the counselor and the counselor would verify her visit. miss irving refused to do so and gave her detention on the spot. kayla started trying to justify her own actions, and she received yet another detention.
this marked the beginning of a long, long feud. every time kayla did something, miss irving would reprimand her for it. kayla put on chapstick or began to eat in class and miss irving began to yell. kayla read a paragraph slower than the rest of us and miss irving would snap at her. slowly, kayla began to get fed up.
the last straw for her was when she asked miss irving to go to the counselor during class, and it changed everything.
“miss irving? i have an appointment with the counselor down the hall. may i go?”
“obviously not,” my teacher snapped back. “you can’t leave in the middle of the class.”
“but i need to see her, i have an appointme-“
“i don’t care. you’re going to translate that paragraph-“
“ma’am, i already translated it-“
“well, then i’ll give you more work to do-“
at that word, all of the heads in the clasroom turned. it’s an unspoken rule that you don’t say no to miss irving. but kayla had fire in her voice, and was now standing up and glaring at the teacher.
“excuse me?” miss irving responded, and kayla went off.
“no matter what i do, you get on to me about it. i have issues that i need to take care of that you refuse to understand. you’re a teacher. you’re supposed to care about us. it’s your job! listen to me carefully: i. have. mental. health. problems. and there are times i need to eat in class or i need to go to the counselor’s office because of it, so could you just get off of my ass about it and try to understand?”
miss irving turned beet red and sent her to the principal’s office.
what followed was a battle between the two. miss irving kept emailing kayla’s parents, but kayla’s parents took their daughter’s side. then my teacher emailed kayla’s other teachers and asked them to take her side, but the other teachers said they didn’t ever have problems with kayla.
kayla went to talk to the principal about the situation and told her what was going on. the principal talked to miss irving, and miss irving lost her teacher of the year award for that year. she also received a strike on her teaching record for refusing to respect a student’s mental health protocol. and kayla won.
miss irving still teaches our class and we still have kayla with us. now, miss irving doesn’t hide her hatred for kayla at all. she expresses it fully to her other classes. and most of those other classes hate her as well.
but my class and i love kayla. because kayla has a newfound power, and she doesn’t take it for granted. instead, she uses it to help us.
and this matters so much to me because, one day, she helped me.
i have generalized anxiety disorder. one of the methods i can use to calm myself down is by doodling, and doodling also helps me listen more closely to the teacher’s lesson. so i started doodling on the edges of my papers in spanish a lot, especially when we started having tests every class period and it became very anxiety-inducing for me.
miss irving started taking points off for every doodle i made. and i mean A LOT of points. i drew an eye in the corner of a worksheet once and i got an 80 instead of a 100. when i tried to explain that it was for my anxiety, she didn’t care. so now i had even more anxiety because i couldn’t reduce my anxiety.
one day, miss irving was lecturing and i was doodling, when she started to yell at me for it.
i can’t remember a lot about what happened because at that moment i went into a full blown panic attack. but what i do remember is kayla standing up and yelling at her.
“what are you doing? stop! she’s obviously having a panic attack!”
she came over to my desk and led me through breathing exercises. calmed me down. told me my doodle of half a face looked really good, asked me how long i’d been taking art and about my disorder. the entire class was silent, watching, and miss irving was fuming.
when i was calm enough to, i thanked kayla, and she squeezed my hand in a silent alliance.
then miss irving walked back to the whiteboard and never said anything about my doodles again.
the moral of the story? just because a teacher or principal or parent is older than you doesn’t mean they deserve to be obeyed no matter what. if what your “elders” say to you or do to you belittles you, tears you down, or keeps you from being able to get help or be a better person, they are not doing their job, and you can stand up for yourself and others.
don’t be afraid to question the authority just because they say they shouldn’t be questioned.
Kayla’s a fucking hero
crisis/urgent support lines and sites
- hotlines/crisis lines for depression, domestic abuse, alcohol and drug abuse, teens, pregnancy, lgbt and more
- mental support community – a forum where you can post that you are in a crisis right now and need peer support as soon as possible
- imalive crisis chat – online one-on-one chat for if you’re in at risk of hurting yourself etc
- self harm alternatives
- si urges alternatives
- do nothing for two minutes
- interactive silk art
- guided relaxation
- watch a dream
- 100,000 stars
- thisissand – create sandscapes on your screen with your mouse
- calming gif
the quiet place project
- the quiet place – find some quiet
- the thoughts room – a super calm page to unburden yourself from bad thoughts
- the comfort spot – a place for anonymous venting with out anybody judging you for who you are
- the dawn room – my personal favourite, especially good for when you feel alone
- know that it will be okay – when a moment is too hard for you – come here.
music and sounds
- my anxiety relief playlist – on 8tracks
- my positivity/recovery playlist – on 8tracks
- ‘stay strong’ playlists – on 8tracks
- coffee shop sounds
- rain sounds
- calmsound – nature sounds
- one minute cookie in a mug
- brownie in a mug
- several cookie recipes
- 25 hot chocolate recipes
- loads and loads of snacks – 533 quick and easy recipes for a range of snacks on studentrecipe
- lots of different in-a-mug recipes
- chocolate pudding in a mug – my personal fave (lil tip: add mini marshmallows for extra gooey yumminess)
advice and tips
- how to be okay with yourself
- 25 resolutions
- life hacks
- more life hacks
- a hella ton more life hacks – so many life hacks dude soon ur gonna never have a day-to-day stress again
- school masterpost – school sucks so bad but hopefully this can help ease the stress
- how to love yourself
- how to bypass restricted wifi omg
- alleviate menstrual cramps
- boost your confidence
- love yourself!
- self help after anxiety
- stop biting your nails
- stop procrastinating
- stop skipping breakfast
videos and movies
- cure to sadness (video)
- the movie blog – a blog dedicated to movie masterposts you will never be without a movie to watch again
- cute roulette –
THE BEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET ITS LITERALLY JUST A HUGE ROULETTE OF
VIDEOS OF CUTE ANIMALS WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT FROM LIFE
- random acts of kindness caught on film
- disney movies
- movies for angsty teens
- rice questions – answer simple questions and donate free rice to people in poverty!!
- click to give –
just click a button to donate (it costs nothing) food to animals
shelters, people in poverty and homeless veterans; mammograms to fight
breast cancer; therapy for people on the autism spectrum; alzheimer’s
and diabetes research; a book to a child; protect wildlife habitat
- break something – good for anger
- loads of cute games
- how to make a blanket nest
- learn something new – a masterpost of hobbies
- exercise like a superhero
- nice words
- things to do when your sad
- slap a bald guy with an eel – this is ridiculously entertaining
- watch a dog lick your screen – it loops, so you could literally watch for hours if you want
- daily puppy
- how to make a comfort box
- download free books
- emergency compliment!
- lots of compliments – they even include ur name aw
- huge list of bloggers who have put themselves forward as willing to listen/chat without judgement
- getting anon hate?
- 🙂 tag – all the posts that i’ve tagged for making me happy
- 7cupsoftea – free, anonymous, confidential talks with trained listeners
- get a hug
Calming songs, playlists and instrumentals:
- Sing Me to Sleep
- The Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- Boost your Mood (peppier and happy songs)
- The Driving Mixtape
- Summer Nights
- It’s Going to be Fine
- Calm & Collected
- Once Upon a December – Piano (song)
- Clair de Lune (song)
- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (song)
- The Quiet Place
- Soundrown.com – calming sounds to mix and match
- A website to distract yourself
- A recovery masterpost
- A post of interesting things
- Ungruntle yourself
- Press a magic button and fix everything
- Play cute games
- Almost every movie your little heart desires (i suggest you use with adblocker)
- How to love yourself
- A website that compliments you
Crafts and activities, easy and fun DYI projects
- Glitter calm jars
- A list of things to do to curb anxiety
- Make a blanket nest
- Silky summer legs
- Lots of food recipes; mostly desserts
- For bad days masterpost
- Make some microwave snacks
- Five minute fudge
- Make a phone case
- A bunch of hobbies!
- Self care list!
- Pretty gold-dipped feathers (for decorating or anything)
What to do when:
- You’ve been triggered
- You’re having an anxiety attack
- You’re having a panic attack
- Your face is red and puffy after crying
- You just had a fight
- You hate yourself
- You want to avoid being stressed
- You want to get over your ex
Meditation and breathing
- Pretty Tree
- When You Feel You Have Lost Everything
- See Some BLOOD
- Press a Button to Make Everything OK
- Calming Manatee
- Calming Gif
Other Nice Things
- A Page To Help You Recover!!!
- Coping Skills & Distractions
- The Quiet Place. Shhhhh
- For When You’re Upset
- The Nicest Place on the Internet
- Player 2
- 10 Most Relaxing Online Games
- Talk To Someone That Will Listen
- Not Having a Good Day?
- How-to Love Yourself
- Ground Yourself X X X
- Mood Chart
- Do Nothing For Two Minutes
- The Comfort Spot
- Weave Silk
- Seed Plant Breeder
- This Is Sand
I don’t care who the fuck you are, or what you’re doing. You can take 3 seconds to reblog this.
Yesterday, an artist here in the Philippines commited suicide. I was so fucking annoyed with the people who kept on saying “She’s already lucky she’s beautiful. Why would she kill herself?” Fuck you, Kate. Go back to your mother’s womb if you’re going to be that stupid.
Miss you guys